From prices to specifications, we tell you everything about the newly launched 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the all-new GLA SUV in the country alongside the AMG GLA 35 4M. The SUV was first showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The carmaker was expected to launch the all-new GLA range in April, but it got delayed due to disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The 2021 GLA will be available across India through the brand’s digital stores as well as by following local economic activities and adhering to all local guidelines. From prices to specifications, we tell you everything about the newly launched 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- The all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be available in three variants – petrol 200, diesel 220d and the 220d 4M. Both the regular and the AMG version of the new-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA comes to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked-Down) route. The GLA 200 and GLA 220d are offered in Progressive Line trim and the 220d 4matic in AMG-Line trim.
- The SUV gets a starting price of ₹ 42.10 lakh, going up to ₹ 46.7 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4M is priced at ₹ 57.3 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The German carmaker has confirmed that these prices are introductory, and will see an upward revision of up to ₹ 1.5 lakh from July 1, 2021.
- Dimension-wise, the SUV measures 4,410 mm in length, 2,020 mm in width and 1,611 mm in height, while the wheelbase stands at 2,729 mm. However, the GLA 220d 4MATIC is slightly longer than the Progressive Line variants by 26 mm with a length of 4,436 mm. It will be available in five body colours – Mountain Grey, Iridium Silver, Cosmos Black, Denim Blue and Polar White.
- Aesthetically, the all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA looks more aggressive and muscular than its predecessor. It gets a signature diamond-stud pattern grille with a chrome slat at the centre and the sweptback LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. The rear section too gets all-new LED taillamps, sculpted boot lid, spoiler and a beefy bumper. The GLA also gets an option for either 18-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels.
- The cabin of the GLA has been revamped to match up with the elder siblings in the family. While the Progressive line gets black and beige upholstery along with Brown open-pore walnut trim on the dashboard, the AMG Line GLA 220d sports an Artico-DINAMICA combination. It features a 10.25-inch HD Media display unit for infotainment and instrumentation. The touchscreen unit comes powered by the NTG6 generation of MBUX with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The SUV packs ‘Mercedes Me’ connect offering connected services such as Alexa voice assistant, remote door lock/unlock, remote engine start, speed alert, geo-fencing, and more.
- In terms of features, the all-new GLA SUV gets 64-colour ambient lighting, electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, wireless smartphone charging, two-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, and more. For safety, it comes equipped with 7-airbags, ABS with EBD, Active Brake Assist, Active Bonnet for pedestrian safety, Active Brakes, ESP and more.
- The new GLA SUV comes in both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol unit is a 1.3-litre mill that makes 161 bhp and 250 Nm whereas the diesel engine is a 2.0-litre motor that churns out 188 bhp and 400 Nm. The former comes paired to a 7-speed DCT unit, while the latter gets an 8-speed G-tronic automatic torque converter unit.
- The GLA 200 petrol can sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in 8.7 seconds, while the GLA 220d can perform the same in just 7.4 seconds. The GLA 220d 4M can clock a three-figure mark in 7.3 seconds before hitting the top speed of 219 kmph. The top speed for the 220 petrol and 220d is 210 kmph and 222 kmph, respectively.
- In addition to a 3-year comprehensive warranty, the Stuttgart-based luxury carmaker is also offering an 8-year warranty on engine and transmission for both models.