BPSC Syllabus 2020: Bihar public service commission BPSC releases notification for multiple posts in State level BPSC civil services exams such as Bihar Administrative Services, Bihar police service, Bihar Forest Services, Rural Development Officer, etc.
Evert year BPSC releases the exam date calendar for all exams that will be conducted in a year. For these exams, the common syllabus is prepared by BPSC.
BPSC Recruitment Syllabus And Exam Pattern 2020
BPSC conducted combined competitive exams in three phases that are preliminary, mains exam, and personal interview. Candidates who will qualify in both prelims and mains exams are called for the next and final phase of the selection process that is the personal interview.
For Full details about the syllabus for combined competitive exams of BPSC candidates can visit this page.
Bihar BPSC Syllabus of the preliminary exam
Read Also Available Job Join Indian Navy 2020 Job Recruitment
BPSC preliminary exam contains multiple subjects such as general science, economy, history, geography, current affairs of national and international, and mental ability. Full detailed syllabus of the prelims exam is given as:
Bihar Public Service Commission
1. General science
2. The economy of Bihar state and India
3. History of Bihar state and India
4. Geography of Bihar state and India
5. General geography and geographical division of Bihar
6. Current Affairs of National/ International importance
7. Indian Movements and Contribution of Bihar in it
8. Indian polity
Bihar BPSC Syllabus of mains Exam
Candidates who will qualify in the preliminary exams are called for the next phase that is the mains exam BPSC syllabus.
The mains exam included 4 papers that are Hindi language, general studies-1, general studies-2, and Optional subjects ( in which Candidates have to choose one subject according to their qualification and desire). For a detailed syllabus check the next paragraph: BPSC syllabus.
BPSC Bihar Hindi language: Bihar BPSC Syllabus
The paper of Hindi language is qualifying and subjective in nature and this is of total 100 marks. BPSC syllabus.
The level of this exam is the same as that of Bihar school education board (BSEB). This exam contains multiple topics that are given as:
1. Grammar – 30 marks
2. Syntax – 25 marks
3. Summarisation – 15 marks
4. Essay – 30 marks
General studies-1: Bihar BPSC Syllabus
The paper of general studies-1 is also descriptive in nature and is of a total of 300 marks. It contains the following topics: Bihar BPSC Syllabus
1. Indian culture
2. The modern history of India
3. Important Current affairs and events of national and international
4. Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams.
5. Mauryan and pal arts
6. Patna kalam paintings
General studies-2: BPSC Syllabus
The paper of general studies-2 is descriptive in nature and is of total 300 marks. This exam contains the following topics: the BPSC syllabus.
1. Indian polity
2. Geography of Bihar state and India
3. The economy of Bihar state and India
4. General Science ( the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India).
Optional subject: BPSC Bihar 2020 Syllabus For Exam 2020
The fourth and last paper is also descriptive in nature and is of total 300 marks. BPSC syllabus.
In this paper, Candidates have to choose one particular subject from the given multiple subjects (depending on their stream and efficiency in that subject). These subjects are as follows:
|1) Agriculture||13) Management||25) English Language and Literature|
|2) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||14) Mathematics||26) Urdu Language and Literature|
|3) Anthropology||15) Mechanical Engineering||27) Hindi Language and Literature|
|4) Botany||16) Medical Science||28) Persian Language and Literature|
|5) Chemistry||17) Philosophy||29) Arabic Language and Literature|
|6) Civil Engineering||18) Physics||30) Pali Language and Literature|
|7) Commerce & Accountancy||19) Science & International Relations||31) Maithili Language and Literature|
|8) Economics||20) Psychology||32) Bengali Language and Literature|
|9) Electrical Engineering||21) Public Administration||33) Sanskrit Language and Literature|
|10) Geography||22) Sociology||34) Law|
|11 Geology||23) Statistics|
|12) Indian History||24) Zoology|
BPSC exam pattern 2020: BPSC Bihar 2020 Exam Pattern BPSC Recruitment
BPSC conducted combined competitive exams in three phases that are preliminary exam, Mains exam, and interview. The candidates who will qualify in the prelims exam ( by clearing the cut-off marks which are decided by BPSC depending on the number of candidates applying to the post) are eligible to appear in the next phase that is the mains exam. BPSC syllabus.
Candidates who will qualify in both prelims and mains are eligible to appear in the next phase that is the interview. Full full details of both the exam candidates can check the next paragraph.
BPSC Prelims exam pattern:
BPSC syllabus; the preliminary exam is the first phase of BPSC combined competitive exams which is qualifying in nature. This exam is of a total of 150 marks and the exam duration is 2 hours. BPSC syllabus.
All questions in the prelims exam is of multiple-choice questions MCQs type. For further details about the preliminary exam check the below-given table:
|SUBJECT||Total marks||Time duration||Type of questions|
|General studies (For Full detailed syllabus check the above-given paragraph)||150||2 hour||Multiple type questions MCQs|
Candidates who will appear in the prelims exam should have to look at these important instructions which are given as:
1. This exam is qualifying in nature, so candidates who only clear the cutoff marks will also eligible for the mains exam
2. This exam conducted in offline mode only.
3. There is a penalty of wrong answered questions.
4. For each wrong answer, 1/3 marks of question will be deducted as a penalty.
5. All the questions in the prelims exam are available in bilingually that is English and Hindi.
Mains exam pattern:
This is the second phase of the BPSC combined competitive exam which contains four papers in which one paper is qualifying in nature and the other three are merit-based. For further details about the mains exam pattern check the below-given table:
|Suject||Total marks||Time duration||Type of question|
|Hindi language (qualifying)||100||3hours||Discriptive|
General instructions: For BPSC
Candidates who will appear in the mains exam should have to look at these important instructions that are given as:
- Paper 1 is available in three languages that are: Hindi, Urdu, and English. Candidates should have to choose one language among them. This paper is qualifying and descriptive in nature.
- The mains exam is also conducted in offline mode only.
- There is no negative marking in descriptive papers of the mains exam.
- Category wise minimum qualifying marks in the BPSC Mains exam are given as:
- General – 40%
- BC – 36.5%
- OBC – 34%
- Women/SC/ST/PwD – 32%
- Except for the paper-1 all the papers all available in bilingually that is Hindi and English language.
The candidates who will qualify (clear the cutoff as decided by BPSC depending on the number of candidates who qualify the prelims exam) in the mains exam are eligible to appear in the next phase that is the personal interview.
This phase is of a total of 120 marks. After successful completion of this phase, the final merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the mains exam and interview.
Before going to appear in a personal interview, candidates should have to look at these instructions which are given as:
1. Candidates should have to physically attend this phase. No other mode will be entertained by BPSC.
2. The purpose of this phase is to check the mental and analytical ability of the candidates.
3. The candidates who will get higher marks in this phase have higher chances to be selected.
4. After the declaration of the final merit list by BPSC candidates will be selected and appointed.
We hope you have got all the information about BPSC SYLLABUS AND EXAM PATTERN 2020 and For all the latest govt jobs, private jobs, admit card, result, syllabus stay connected with this website, we keep updating it every day
- UPPSC Combined AE Recruitment 2019 Online Form Apply 2020
- SSC Junior Engineer (JE) 2020 Apply online (Vacancy)
- Bihar 10+2 Pass AMIN Recruitment 2020
- E Pass Lockdown Up Easy To Apply 2020
- Gramin Dak Sevak India Post GDS Recruitment 2020
- Bhartiya Thal Sena Bharti (Recruitment) 2020
- [NHM Latest News] NHM MP Community Health Officer CHO Online Form 2020
- Rajasthan High Court Clerk Recruitment 2020