Healthy breakfast: Try oatmeal Poha for a nutritious and tasty treat!Photo credits: iStock
Why Is Oatmeal Poha Healthy? | Health Benefits Of Oatmeal Poha
Poha (or flattened rice) is a meal loaded with health benefits. Iron-rich Poha is also considered a good probiotic and a low-calorie, easily digestible snack. But did you know this Oatmeal Poha recipe may be equally, if not more, beneficial for health? The Oatmeal Poha recipe is made with one cup of oatmeal, which can contain upto 166% of your daily iron requirement, as per the USDA. It is also enriched with dietary fibres, thus keeping you full for longer. The use of oatmeal combined with Kabuli chana in this recipe also makes it a protein-rich dish which will keep you satiated and help the weight loss journey too.
How To Make Oatmeal Poha | Healthy Oatmeal Poha Recipe
- Start by heating oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it sputter, then add other ingredients for the Tadka such as curry leaves, whole red chillies, onions and green chillies.
- Saute till the mixture begins to cook and turns golden-brown.
- Now, add the oats along with steamed vegetables, Kabuli Chana, roasted peanuts and chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the spices to taste and let the mixture blend well for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat and allow the mixture to cook.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate and a dash of lemon juice, and serve fresh.
So, if you are looking for a quick and healthy recipe which is loaded with good nutrition – this Oatmeal Poha is just what you need!
Click here for the step-by-step recipe of Oatmeal Poha.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.